INTERNATIONAL MINI SOCCER TOURNAMENT
Break, competition for spectators
Play-off, semi-final, final
Awards. Closure of the Tournament
INTERNATIONAL MINI SOCCER TOURNAMENT
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The International Mini-Soccer Tournament “Grunwald 600” is a part of an overall project “International Sports Tournament Grunwald 600” and is organised by the Lithuanian Association in Ireland. The main goal of the project is to commemorate the 600th anniversary of the Grunwald battle. There will be 3 sports tournaments held: basketball, soccer and tennis. Participants and supporters from Central and Eastern European communities living in Ireland are invited to join us in this celebration.
- Lithuanian Association in Ireland Ltd.
- Astropark Tallaght, Greenhills Road, Tallaght, Dubli
DATES & TIMES*
- July 4th Sunday 12:00 – 17:00 (*Tournament times subject to change dependant on weather conditions and the length of matches.)
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To organise a mini-soccer tournament for Central and Eastern Europeans living in Ireland;
- To provide an opportunity to increase awareness about the battle of Grunwald;
- To encourage participants to cherish their national history and to commemorate the battle of Grunwald 600 years anniversary.
- All participating teams should email the completed entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org and pay the entry fee to the account below:
Account name: Lithuanian Association In Ireland
Bank: National Irish Bank
College Green Branch, 27 College Green, Dublin 2
Sort code: 95-15-01
Account No.: 30311235
Entry form and entry fee must be submitted by June 21st.
- The name of the participating team MUST BE INDICATED as a reference accompanying the bank transfer/lodgement otherwise the entry will not be accepted,.
- Priority will be give to the first 8 teams that have submitted entry forms and paid the registration fee. All other entrants will be added to the waiting list.
- All teams must be available to play on July 4th
- It is the duty of each entrant to acquaint themselves with the times of their matches.
- The draw will take place on the 26th of June and will be published on www.alb.ie
Goalkeepers & inside the D (goalkeeper area)
- Goalkeepers must not hold the ball for more than six seconds
- Once the ball is out of the Goalkeepers hands, it is deemed in play
- Goalkeepers must return the ball into play by an under-arm bowling action or else drop the ball to their feet
- Goalkeepers cannot pick up a back-pass
- Goalkeepers cannot leave the D. For persistent offenders, the Ref can send a player off
- If the ball hits the side netting of the goal at any stage, the ball is deemed out of play and is in the Goalkeepers possession
- Goalkeepers must stay on their line for penalties
- Goalkeepers cannot slide tackle any player
Free Kicks & Penalties (outfield players)
- Strictly no slide tackling (including Goalkeepers)
- Strictly no charging against the hoardings/Boards
- If any of the above two fouls are made with malicious intent the referee is permitted to issue a Yellow or Red card
- No Handling of the ball by an outfield player
- No offside rule
- For free kicks, the defending team must take four steps back from the ball
Yellow & Red Cards
- A yellow card will be issued to any player guilty of a dangerous challenge, persistent fouling, verbal abuse or any action deemed cautionable by the referee
- When a yellow card is issued, it will result in the player being sin binned for a period of time at the referee’s discretion (2-10 minutes). The players team will play for the sin-bin time with 4 players
- A Red Card can be issued if the referee feels the offence warrants a sending off
- A Red Card will mean that the team will play the rest of the match with 4 players
- Each team will consist of 10 players, any 5 playing at one time
- The goal could be scoured at any part of the pitch
- No Football Boots of any kind allowed, including Studs, Blades, Moulded Studs. We recommend wearing Astroturf runners
- All Players must be over 18 years of age
- Teams are asked to play in a sportsman like manner and to abide by the rules
- The appointed referee will have the right to dismiss any Player or Team from the game that they are not entering into the spirit of the competition
- Any verbal or physical abuse of any referee or staff member will result in expulsion from the Tournament. Org. committee takes a very harsh view on this matter and will not tolerate any abuse of this rule
- Entry fee 50 euro for a team. Fee is paid immediately after submitting entry form. An entry is considered complete once payment has been received.
- A copy of these rules will be given to each team captain and will also be posted on our website. Please ensure that all players have read through the rules completely and fully understand their meaning. Any queries on the rules can be answered on the day by the organizers of the tournament.
- Tournament rules and regulations are subject to change at the discretion of the organisers, any and all changes will be published on www.alb.ie
- Tournament organisers shall not be held responsible for any injury, illness or accident on or off court to any player or guest or for any property damaged, destroyed, lost or stolen.
- Any correspondence regarding the tournament should be emailed to Lithuanian Association in Ireland Ltd sports department at email@example.com
Mini soccer tournament entry form (.doc)
Mini soccer tournament rules and regulations (.pdf)