INTERNATIONAL TENNIS TOURNAMENT
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The International Tennis Tournament “Grunwald 600” is a part of an overall project “International Sports Tournament Grunwald 600” and is organised by the Lithuanian Association in Ireland. The main goal of the project is to commemorate the 600th anniversary of the Grunwald battle. There will be 3 sports tournaments held: basketball, soccer and tennis. Participants and supporters from Central and Eastern European communities living in Ireland are invited to join us in this celebration.
- Lithuanian Association in Ireland Ltd.
- Mountpleasant LTC, Mountpleasant Square, Ranelagh, Dublin 6.
DATES & TIMES*
- July 2nd Friday 15:00 – 19:00
- July 3rd Saturday 09:00 – 16:00
- July 4th Sunday 09:00 – 13:00
*Tournament times subject to change dependant on weather conditions and the length of matches.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To organise a tennis tournament for Central and Eastern Europeans living in Ireland;
- To provide an opportunity to increase awareness about the battle of Grunwald;
- To encourage participants to cherish their national history and to commemorate the battle of Grunwald 600 years anniversary;
- To gather together tennis enthusiasts from Eastern Europe.
- All participants should email the completed entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org and pay the entry fee to the account below:
Account name: Lithuanian Association In Ireland
Bank: National Irish Bank
College Green Branch, 27 College Green, Dublin 2
Sort code: 95-15-01
Account No.: 30311235
Entry form and entry fee must be submitted by June 21st.
- Participant’s surname MUST BE INDICATED as a reference accompanying the bank transfer/lodgement otherwise the entry will not be accepted.
- Priority will be give to the first 16 entrants for mens singles and first 8 for ladies singles. All other entrants will be added to the waiting list.
- On Friday (July 2nd) and Saturday (July 3rd) round robin matches will take place. On Sunday (July 4th) semi-finals and finals for 1st and 3rd places will be played.
- All entrants must be available to play on July 2nd, 3rd and 4th
- It is the duty of each entrant to acquaint themselves with the times of their matches.
- The draw will take place on the 26th of June and will be published on www.alb.ie
- Tournament format will be mens and ladies singles only.
- All participants will be put into round robin of 3 to 4 players. Every participant will play their round robin matches.
- The winner of each round robin (in the case of 4 round robins) or winner and runner up in each round robin (in the case of 2 round robins) will qualify for semi-finals.
- Winners of semi-finals will qualify for the final and players losing semi-finals will play a 3rd place tie. (*Tournament format is a subject to number of participants.)
- Round robin matches will take place on Friday (July 2nd) and Saturday (July 3rd). Semi-Finals and finals will take place on Sunday (July 4th).
- Matches will be played best of three, with championship tiebreak rule instead of 3rd set.
- Any disputes between the players will be decided by the tournament referee (Aistis Slajus), his decision is final.
- All participants that wish to enter this tournament should email the entry form to email@example.com and pay the entry fee before the 21st of June.
- Entry fee 20 euro. Fee is paid immediately after submitting entry form. An entry is considered complete once payment has been received.
- Tournament rules and regulations are subject to change at the discretion of the organisers, any and all changes will be published on www.alb.ie
- Minimum age for entrants 18 years of age on July 1st 2010.
- All participants must wear recognised tennis attire.
- Tournament organisers shall not be held responsible for any injury, illness or accident on or off court to any player or guest or for any property damaged, destroyed, lost or stolen.
- Any correspondence regarding the tournament should be emailed to Lithuanian Association in Ireland Ltd sports department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tennis tournament entry form (.doc)
Tennis tournament rules and regulations (.pdf)